Friday, January 22, 2010

Scene police

Another pink haired punk in my face

telling me what’s what

be careful kid

I was there before you’d ever heard of a Monroe piercing

and if you don’t back off I’ll put my Prince Albert somewhere you won’t like

I do like your hair though

looks like the same shade Kelly Osborn had a few years back

I guess you’re as punk as her

Don’t forget to put on your uniform

before you go to the show tonight

all black head to toe

maybe a little eyeliner if you’re feeling real good

bangs across the eyes

ink and metal in full display

hang a bandana in your back pocket

like this is still DC of the eighties

remember your Marlboro Reds

no menthols or filters tonight

pruning peacock in a boozy zoo

Allow me a little advice I learned awhile back

it’s ok to drop that well practiced bored look for one minute

go head and jump in the pit

we’ll pick you up if you fall down

that’s what we do down here

it’s why people say it’s better in the basement

because we all know each other without having to give names

drop that look for one minute

and have a little fun

No comments:

Post a Comment